Tuesday 31 March 2015

Week 11: Revisiting My Past

For this week's SLOG topic, we are supposed to revisit one of our older posts and see how our views have changed or developed in some way. Today I will be revisiting my week 4 blog which was about my impression of the first weeks in class (this one). Looking back at my blog, I can see that the first few weeks were fairly easy for me and I seemed to be keeping up with my class. However, nowadays I have been falling behind and most of the times have trouble understanding the material, especially the new omega material. Most of the people in my class seem to have taken CSC165 before so for them the Big O and Omega terms are familiar. However, I am not sure as to how it will help us implement code for sorting or what its relation is to programming. To improve upon this, I might have to look over some Youtube videos to clearly understand what it stands for.



In my previous blog, I mentioned that the "truly fun and hard part of programming is finally starting to unfold". This prediction came true in many ways since the assignments kept getting harder but it was more tiring than fun trying to think of solutions for the harder functions. University load has definitely taken its toll on me because I have grown a white hair...or maybe its just because my aging process seems to speeding up. In my week 4 blog I said that the code I had been writing was simple and built upon the material we learnt before. By the end of this course, I can say that some of the code we had to write in CSC148 was not simple and we learned several new concepts such as Trees, BTNode and LinkedLists. Most of the course after the first term test focused on writing recursion in different ways and I must say that we did so much recursion that I kept seeing SubtractSquare Trees everywhere I went at one point. All in all, I felt that this course was eye opening and it helped me grow as a programmer in many ways. Compared to the old me who was just bored in class because she didn't feel challenged, I can say that the me now listens attentively during the lectures and definitely tries to think way outside her box for the assignments.






No comments:

Post a Comment