Thursday 26 March 2015

Week 10: To be happy or not to be happy?

At last, the TA strike has ended. It was just announced an hour ago so I decided it was time to pick up my game and start writing my slogs again now that there is some hope of them being marked. I think however that I feel disappointed because our marking scheme for computer science, for which we were going to vote on Wednesday, may not be changed anymore. I am not sure how this will affect this course and other courses going ahead, but I hope that we can finally get all the help and support needed for assignment 3 and the final exam.



As for what we learned during week 10, Danny mostly talked about the solution to assignment 2's minimax and tippy apply_move algorithms. I was unable to follow through most of his explanation especially because I would have to look through all the classes as a whole to understand someone else's code and variables. So I personally did not find the solution review very helpful. After that we talked about how many test cases we need to be confident about our code functioning properly. We worked on a few test cases for Subtract Square and I felt confident about that topic after I got correct answers. At the end of the class, we discussed Assignment 3 and the two options we have for that. I think it was a great idea to give us an option to work on either A or B because my minimax was not implemented properly for assignment 2 so I am glad that I don't have to depend on my previous work for this. Hopefully, I will be able to do a lot better on this assignment because assignment 2 was a disaster. I plan on finishing this A3 early so that I have ample time to ask for help. Adios then, I have to start working on that grow method!



No comments:

Post a Comment